Included are 20 pages of engaging, winter-themed math centers aligned with the Common Core! These activities were created for the first grade curriculum, but many could be used in kindergarten or second grade for enrichment or review.
This is what is included:
• Adding Doubles – This activity allows students to discover that sums of doubles are even numbers and counts by 2. Add, write about doubles facts, and write favorite doubles fact.
• Doubles Adding Page
• 3 Addend Addition
• Roll & Write Turn-Around Facts- Students use dice to roll, draw the dots, and write the 2 addition facts that go with the numbers (Turn-Around Facts, i.e, 2 + 3 = 5 is the same as 3 + 2 = 5)
• Snowy Number Stories (2) – Students read and solve addition and subtraction number stories.
• Snowman & Penguin True/False Fact Sort & Recording Sheet – Students sort addition and subtraction facts as true or false. They then record the facts on the recording sheet.
• Penguin Problems – Solve addition/subtraction number stories related to penguins
• Polar Bear Problems – Solve addition/subtraction number stories related to polar bears
• Greater Than, Less Than, Equal To – 2 differentiated pages. Students fill in the correct <, >, or = symbol on the ice.
• Even or Odd? Students write even and odd numbers then color the polar animal according to the key for even and odd.
• Place Value Review – Students highlight hundreds, tens, and ones places in numbers.
Don't forget to rate this product for credit on future TpT purchases! Thank you!