If you're like me, my writing project arsenal sometimes needs refreshing. These are a few of my favorites from the past three years. Rubrics are included with all of them! Each project is detailed below:
1. Career Research Assignment: This project encourages students to investigate a chosen career in depth. This includes interviewing a professional in that field.
2. Narcissistic Notes Project: Okay, I know the name isn't wonderful, but this project is actually a collection of writing assignments that works great for Writer's Workshop. The kids work at their own pace on vignettes and other prompts while you can conference with students.
3. College Issues Mini Research Assignment--The topics for this project range from staying healthy in college to getting along with roommates.
4. Letter to Yourself at Thirty: The title to this one is pretty self-explanatory, but I will say I've gotten some pretty meaningful writing from this assignment. I've included an example letter to use as a model with your students. As with all of these projects, a rubric is included!
5. Letter to a Teacher from Your Past: This is my FAVORITE assignment for high schoolers. A rubric and example letter is included. These letters end up being very reflective and we actually send them to the teacher.
I hope you enjoy this collection, but please let me know if there's anything I can do if you're not! I aim to please!