This supplemental pack is aligned to the Wonders 2020 curriculum for 5th grade.
Please check the publication date of your curriculum. Wonders supplements aligned to 2017 for Unit 4 are available here:
2017 Unit 4 BUNDLE
This Wonders Grade 5 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 4, Weeks 1 and 2 (Rosa.) The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Literature Anthology (Main and Paired Selection), Vocabulary, and Spelling sections of the curriculum. Complete answer keys are included.
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous. The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Wonders lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
- Summarize - interactive notebook
- Author's Point of View – interactive notebook
- Author's Purpose – interactive notebook
- Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
- Spelling Sort – interactive notebook
- Summarize - Students write a summary of the text. Transition words are provided. They are encouraged to use and underline vocabulary words in their summary.
- Author's Point of View – Students determine the author’s point of view and support the point of view with 4 text details.
- Supporting the Point of View – Students support the provided point of view with 4 details from the text.
- Supporting the Point of View - Students support the provided point of view with 4 details from the text.
- Main Selection Text Questions - Students must have access to the text to complete the text-dependent questions.
- Paired Selection: Summarize - Students write a summary of the nonfiction text by giving 3 key facts from each section. They are encouraged to use and underline the vocabulary words in their summary.
- Essential Question – Students journal write about the story’s essential question.
Vocabulary & Differentiated Spelling Supplements:
- Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 8 vocabulary words are available to be used on a word wall.
- Vocabulary - Students define each vocabulary word and use it in a sentence.
- Vocabulary: Context Clues - Students use context clues to complete each sentence with the correct vocabulary word.
- Vocabulary: Definitions - Students match each word to its definition.
- Vocabulary: Prefixes and Suffixes - Students use the lists of words to determine the meaning of each suffix and prefix.
- Weeks 1 & 2: Spelling Lists - Three spelling lists are available, differentiated like in the curriculum (Approaching, On Level, and Beyond.) The levels are represented with a shape in the corner of the page so students are less aware of the level. There are 3 lists per page for students to cut and use with their spelling assignments.
- Weeks 1 & 2 Spelling: 3 Times Each - Students write the words three times each.
- Weeks 1 & 2 Spelling: Sorts - Students sort the spelling words. Each differentiated list has a sort.
- Week 1 Spelling: Triangles - Students write the spelling words, one letter at a time, so that they take the shape of triangles.
- Week 2 Spelling: My Word Search - Students write the spelling words into the grid, hiding the words among other letters.
Looking for more Wonders 2020?
Grade 2 supplements (2020)
Grade 3 supplements (2020)
Grade 4 supplements (2020)
Grade 5 supplements (2020)
Looking for Wonders 2017?
Grade 2 supplements found here
Grade 3 supplements found here
Grade 4 supplements found here
Grade 5 supplements found here
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed nor endorsed by McGraw Hill Education.