This supplemental pack is aligned to the Wonders 2017 curriculum for 5th grade.
This Wonders Grade 5 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 3, Week 3 (The Story of Snow.) The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Literature Anthology (Main and Paired Selection), Vocabulary, and Spelling sections of the curriculum. Complete answer keys are included.
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous. The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Wonders lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
- Answer Questions - interactive notebook
- Main Idea and Key Details – interactive notebook
- Author's Purpose – interactive notebook
- Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
- Spelling Sort – interactive notebook
- Answer Questions - Students answer text-dependent questions. Page numbers are provided to guide them.
- Ask Questions - Students record their own question as they read. This provides them a focus for reading.
- Main Idea & Key Details: Web – Students read to determine a main idea of the text. They support the main idea with six details.
- Supporting the Main Idea: Web – Students support the provided main idea with six details.
- Main Idea & Key Details - Students read to determine 2 main ideas and support each main idea with three text details.
- Supporting the Main Idea - Students support the provided 2 main ideas with three details.
- Main Selection Text Questions - Students must have access to the text to complete the text-dependent questions.
- Paired Selection Text Questions - Students must have access to the text to complete the text-dependent questions.
- Essential Question – Students journal write about the story’s essential question.
Vocabulary & Differentiated Spelling Supplements:
- Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 8 vocabulary words are available to be used on a word wall.
- Vocabulary - Students define each vocabulary word and use it in a sentence.
- Vocabulary: Context Clues - Students use context clues to complete each sentence with the correct vocabulary word.
- Vocabulary: Definitions - Students match each vocabulary word to its definition.
- Vocabulary: Greek & Latin Roots - Students look at the list of words under each Greek or Latin root. They use the words below as clues to determine the meaning of each root.
- Spelling Lists - Three spelling lists are available, differentiated like in the curriculum (Approaching, On Level, and Beyond.) The levels are represented with a shape in the corner of the page so students are less aware of the level. There are 3 lists per page for students to cut and use with their spelling assignments.
- Spelling 3 Times Each - Students write the words three times each.
- Spelling Sort - Students sort spelling words based on their spelling.
- Spelling: Vowels & Consonants - Students write their spelling words with two colors. One color is for writing consonants and the other is for writing vowels.
Looking for More Wonders?
Grade 3 supplements found here
Grade 4 supplements found here
Grade 5 supplements found here
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed nor endorsed by McGraw Hill Education.