This supplemental pack is aligned to the Wonders 2017 curriculum for 5th grade.
This Wonders Grade 5 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 4, Week 1 (Davy Crockett Saves the World.) The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Literature Anthology (Main and Paired Selection), Vocabulary, and Spelling sections of the curriculum. Complete answer keys are included.
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous. The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Wonders lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
- Visualize - interactive notebook
- Point of View – interactive notebook
- Author's Purpose – interactive notebook
- Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
- Spelling Sort – interactive notebook
- Visualize - Students draw a scene from the story they were able to visualize. They describe this visualization using story details.
- Visualize: Picture Summary - Students draw a picture summary of the story.
- Point of View – Students determine the author’s point of view about Davy Crockett. They support the point of view with 4 story details.
- Supporting the Point of View – Students support the author’s point of view with 4 story details.
- Point of View - Students determine the Davy Crockett’s point of view about Sally Sugartree. They support the point of view with 4 story details.
- Supporting the Point of View - Students support Davy Crockett’s point of view with 4 story details.
- Main Selection Text Questions - Students must have access to the text to complete the text-dependent questions.
- Paired Selection Text Questions - Students must have access to the text to complete the text-dependent questions.
- Essential Question – Students journal write about the story’s essential question.
Vocabulary & Differentiated Spelling Supplements:
- Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 8 vocabulary words are available to be used on a word wall.
- Vocabulary - Students define each vocabulary word and use it in a sentence.
- Vocabulary: Context Clues - Students use context clues to complete each sentence with the correct vocabulary word.
- Vocabulary: Synonyms and Antonyms - Students match each word to its synonym and antonym.
- Spelling Lists - Three spelling lists are available, differentiated like in the curriculum (Approaching, On Level, and Beyond.) The levels are represented with a shape in the corner of the page so students are less aware of the level. There are 3 lists per page for students to cut and use with their spelling assignments.
- Spelling 3 Times Each - Students write the words three times each.
- Spelling Sort - Students write the spelling words into the correct sort.
- Spelling: Triangle Words - Students write their spelling words, building with one letter at time, so that words that shaped as a triangle.
Looking for More Wonders?
Grade 3 supplements found here
Grade 4 supplements found here
Grade 5 supplements found here
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed nor endorsed by McGraw Hill Education.