This supplemental pack is aligned to the Wonders 2017 curriculum for 5th grade.
This Wonders Grade 5 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 4, Week 4 (One Well.) The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Literature Anthology (Main and Paired Selection), Vocabulary, and Spelling sections of the curriculum. Complete answer keys are included.
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous. The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Wonders lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
- Summarize - interactive notebook
- Author's Point of View – interactive notebook
- Author's Purpose – interactive notebook
- Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
- Spelling Sort – interactive notebook
- Summarize - Students highlight 3 main facts from each section of text. This will help to summarize the information in the text. They are encouraged to use and underline vocabulary words in their summary.
- Author's Point of View – Students determine the author’s point of view and support the point of view with 4 text details.
- Supporting the Point of View – Students support the provided point of view with 4 details from the text.
- Supporting the Point of View - Students support the provided point of view with 4 details from the text.
- Main Selection Text Questions - Students must have access to the text to complete the text-dependent questions.
- Main Selection: Labeling the Water Cycle: Students use details from the text to label and explain the water cycle.
- Paired Selection Text Questions - Students write a short summary about the events that contributed to the Dust Bowl, explain the 3 layers of soil, and write about conservation efforts to protect soil.
- Essential Question – Students journal write about the story’s essential question.
Vocabulary & Differentiated Spelling Supplements:
- Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 8 vocabulary words are available to be used on a word wall.
- Vocabulary - Students define each vocabulary word and use it in a sentence.
- Vocabulary: Definitions and Restatements - Students use the definitions and restatements within each sentence to complete the sentences with the correct vocabulary word.
- Vocabulary: Definitions - Students match each word to its definition.
- Spelling Lists - Three spelling lists are available, differentiated like in the curriculum (Approaching, On Level, and Beyond.) The levels are represented with a shape in the corner of the page so students are less aware of the level. There are 3 lists per page for students to cut and use with their spelling assignments.
- Spelling 3 Times Each - Students write the words three times each.
- Spelling Sort - Students write their spelling words in the correct sort.
- Spelling: Rainbow Words - Students write the spelling words in rainbow order.
Looking for More Wonders?
Grade 3 supplements found here
Grade 4 supplements found here
Grade 5 supplements found here
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed nor endorsed by McGraw Hill Education.