Close reading can be tricky in 5th grade, especially with some of the nonfiction and expository anchor texts incorporated into our weekly curriculum. To allow students to access their anchor stories on a deeper level, I created this bundle of worksheets PERFECT for key discussion points during class. Each worksheet is meant to accompany the anchor story for Unit 3 of McGraw Hill Wonders curriculum. These worksheets include questions that are typically used for verbal discussion or small group work, as found in the teacher handbook that comes along with the series.
In this product you will find:
1) Questions broken down by page section of the story
2) Multiple choice AND short answer questions
3) Worksheets tailored to the Respond to Reading questions
4) Answer Keys for each worksheet
Some ideas for using this product include:
2) In-class work while silently reading
3) Small group worksheets
4) Literacy Station work
5) Pre-reading homework to use before whole class close reading
After downloading please rate and review this product!
If you like this product, you may also like the following:
Unit 1 Anthology Worksheets
Unit 2 Anthology Worksheets
Unit 4 Anthology Worksheets
Unit 5 Anthology Worksheets
Unit 6 Anthology Worksheets
Grade 5 MEGA BUNDLE!!!