Get students learning as soon as they walk in the door! This pack will give students a jump-start on your daily lessons as outlined under the Wonders ELA curriculum.
Each day, students will…
• respond to an essential question that matches the weekly theme; student responses build background and serve as a discussion starter
• correct the recommended daily language practice sentences; responses serve as a formative grammar assessment
• complete an activity on the current vocabulary words; responses reinforce vocabulary words and serve as a formative assessment
• complete an activity on the current spelling words; responses reinforce spelling words and serve as a formative assessment
• complete an activity to reinforce the weekly reading skills; responses provide extra practice with comprehension skills and strategies
Each practice page can be given out individually, copied into a packet, placed in a 3-ring binder, or cut apart and added to an interactive notebook. These pages can be used as morning work, homework, or during small group time.
This pack includes 30 student pages….
5 pages per story x 5 stories = 25 pages
25 pages + 5 pages for the end of unit review week = 30 pages
Each page is labeled in the top left hand corner for easy organization.
(2.1 A = Unit 2, Week 1, First Day; 2.1 B = Unit 2 Week 1, Second Day)
During review weeks, students will review the materials and skills that were taught in Unit 2.
Click on the preview button to get a closer look!
Visit my store for more supplements to the Wonders ELA curriculum!