I created this unit last year for 4th Grade Reading Wonders. Here is the Newsletter I give to my students so they know what we will be covering during the week. This Newsletter is a living and active document in which we review concepts on a daily basis. I usually provide it at the beginning of the week and we highlight and circle key words as we read it. It serves as a review for students as well as a guide for parents so they know what concepts, and skills the students are learning in class.
This set includes a newsletter for each lesson in Unit 2.
1. Story title
2. Essential question
3. Comprehension strategy with definitions and examples
4. Comprehension skill with definitions and examples
6. Spelling list (On level 20 words in cursive)
7. Vocabulary list with definitions
8. Grammar skill with examples
9. Vocabulary building skill with definition and examples