This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in the Wonders Reading Series Unit 6, Week 3. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your McGraw Hill Reading Wonders..
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Write questions about a spelling word in a complete sentence/ Put words in ABC order/Write a story about your favorite spelling word/ Word Search for spelling words/ Read clues- write the word that matches
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables/Spin the word and write it. Graph the words.
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find words with silent letters wr, kn, gn/. Phonics Game - sort words with silent letters wr, gn, kn and record your words/ Write words that rhyme
Comprehension Center – After reading "Rain School"students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a boy after a rain answering questions in a complete sentence/ Put a sentence in the correct order, write the sentence, draw a picture.
Vocabulary Center- Match Vocabulary Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Color the word weather using words with silent letters wr, kn, gn
(2) Hundred's Chart find a spelling word
(3) Use the dice and write spelling words
(4) Find the correct word for the sentence
(5 )Write the time and find words with silent letters wr, kn, gn
(6) Find the correct compound word
(7) Read the story "Helping"/ Write words with silent letters wr and kn
(8) Color a rainbow by reading compound words
(9) Add and subtract to find High-Frequency Words
Find special pronouns in the sentences/ Write them