This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in the Wonders Reading Series Unit 6, Week 4. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your McGraw Hill Reading Wonders..
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Answer questions about a spelling word in a complete sentence/ Put words in ABC order/Write a story about your favorite spelling word/ Word Search for spelling words/ Read clues- write the word that matches
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables/Spin the word and write it. Graph the words.
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find words with three letter consonant blends.. Phonics Game - sort words with three letter consonant blends and record your words/ Write words that rhyme
Comprehension Center – After reading "Lissy's Friendsl"students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a tradition at Christmas answering questions in a complete sentence/ Put a sentence in the correct order, write the sentence, draw a picture.
Vocabulary Center- Match Vocabulary Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Color the word best friends by coloring words with three letter blends
(2) Hundred's Chart find a pronoun
(3) Use the dice and write spelling words
(4) Find the correct word for the sentence
(5 )Subtract and find words with three letter consonant blends
(6) Count the tally marks and find High-Frequency Words
(7) Read the story "A Loud Scream"/ Write words with three letter consonant blends
(8) Write new words by adding -ed to the words
(9) Write new words by adding -ing to the words
Fill in the sentences with the pronouns I or me.
Color to find a pronoun
Highlight the pronoun in the sentence/ Write it.