This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in the Wonders Reading Series Unit 4, Week 5. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your McGraw Hill Reading Wonders..
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Write sentences with words/ Put words in ABC order/Write a story about your favorite spelling word/ Word Search for spelling words/ Read clues- write the word that matches
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables/Spin the word and write it
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find y and ey words/. Phonics Game - sort y and ey words and record your words/ Use letter tiles to make y and ey words
Comprehension Center – After reading "Koko and Penny", students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a puppy.by answering questions in a complete sentence/ Put a sentence in the correct order, write the sentence, draw a picture.
Vocabulary Center- Match Vocabulary Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Find the time. Then find y and ey words.
(2) Write the compound words that match the picture
(3) Read and color words that have long e,; y and ey
(4) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word
(5) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(6) Find the correct word to finish the sentence
(7) Read Pets. Highlight all of the y and ey words. Write the words
Highlight the adverb that answers "when". Write the adverb.