This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in the Wonders Reading Series Unit 5, Week 2. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your McGraw Hill Reading Wonders..
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Write sentences with words/ Put words in ABC order/Write a story about your favorite spelling word/ Word Search for spelling words/ Read clues- write the word that matches
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables/Spin the word and write it. Graph the words.
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find r-controlled words/. Phonics Game - sort words with or, er, ur and record your words/ Segment words, spell the words/ Write words that rhyme
Comprehension Center – After reading "Kitten's First Full Moon",students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about taking a trip to the moon.by answering questions in a complete sentence/ Put a sentence in the correct order, write the sentence, draw a picture.
Vocabulary Center- Match Vocabulary Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Find the time. Then find spelling words.
(2) Read and color er, ir, ur, or words
(3) Color a hundred's chart to find a high-frequency word
(4) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(5) Find the correct word to finish the sentence
(6) Read Bert's Hurt Finger. Highlight all of the or, ir, er, ur words. Write the words
(7) Find evidence in the story to answer the questions. Answer comprehension questions.
(8) Find the missing addend to find r-controlled words.
Highlight the adjectives and write the adjectives.