PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in the Wonders Reading Series Unit 6, Week 2. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your McGraw Hill Reading Wonders..
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Write questions about a spelling word in a complete sentence/ Put words in ABC order/Write a story about your favorite spelling word/ Word Search for spelling words/ Read clues- write the word that matches
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables/Spin the word and write it. Graph the words.
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find words with aw, au al/. Phonics Game - sort words with aw and au and record your words/ Write words that rhyme
Comprehension Center – After reading "Meet Rosina" students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about their Mother/ Put a sentence in the correct order, write the sentence, draw a picture..
Vocabulary Center- Match Vocabulary Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Color the the launching of the rocket using aw and au words
(2) Hundred's Chart find an aw word.
(3) Use the dice and write spelling words
(4) Find the correct word for the sentence using phonics words
(5 )Find the number by using tally marks/ Find aw words
(6) Complete the sentences by using High-Frequency Words
(7) Read the story "Too Much Sauce"/ Write words with aw and au sounds
(8) Subtract and find High-Frequency Words
(9) Color High-Frequency Words to spell the word Family.
Highlight the possessive pronoun/ Write the possessive pronoun