This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in the Wonders Reading Series Unit 6, Week 5. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your McGraw Hill Reading Wonders..
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Answer questions about a spelling word in a complete sentence/ Put words in ABC order/Write a story about your favorite spelling word/ Word Search for spelling words/ Read clues- write the word that matches
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables/Spin the word and write it. Graph the words.
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find words with air, ear, and are sounds. Phonics Game - sort words with air, ear, and are sounds and record your words
Comprehension Center – After reading "Happy Birthday, U.S.A."students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a boy holding the U.S.A. flag answering questions in a complete sentence/ Put a sentence in the correct order, write the sentence, draw a picture.
Vocabulary Center- Match Vocabulary Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Color the U.S.A. flag by coloring words with air, are, ear sounds
(2) Hundred's Chart find a word with the air sound
(3) Use the dice and write spelling words
(4) Find the correct word for the sentence
(5 )Add and find high-frequency words
(6) Tell the time and find words with air, ear, and are sounds
(7) Read the story "An Airplane Ride/ Write words with ear, air, and are sounds/ Answer comprehension questions about the story
(8) Count the money and find a mystery message
Highlight the adverb in the sentence/ Write the adverb
Color adverbs, pronouns, and nouns to tell a question asked by adverbs