Fine Motor Sight Word Mats-- 40 mats/sight words
Use Play doh, Wiki Sticks, or Rainbow Trace
What is in this Packet:
1. You will find Go Dot Word Mat for 40 Kindergarten sight words.
2. Directions for rainbow tracing.
1. Print the sight words on card stock.
2. Print on copy paper for rainbow tracing.
a. Create a rainbow tracing chart like you see below.
Place this chart in a location that your students can
see it easily.
b. When students complete the rainbow tracing portion they
will use the chart provided below.
c. I have my students start tracing their sight word with the
color on the bottom of the chart and work backwards on the
chart. Ex: They will start tracing with yellow, then orange,
then pink, etc.
3. Laminate the sight word mats for students to use with play-
doh or wiki sticks.
A. When using play-doh have the students ROLL the play-
doh into a snake. They will make the “snake” long enough
to fit in the letters and conform to them.
B. Use the bendable wiki sticks to place in the letters and
bending them to conform.