Also included in
- The Animal Adaptations Bundle contains three interactive digital notebooks are designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards for investigations of adaptations in third grade (3LS1.b). Each of the Google Slides digital resources has 17 slides that provide practice for students to research$13.80$17.25Save $3.45
- The Animal Adaptations Super Bundle contains SIX interactive digital notebooks designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards for investigations of adaptations in third grade (3LS1.b). Each of the 6 Google Slides digital resources has 17 slides that provide practice for students to resear$27.60$34.50Save $6.90
The Woodland Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook is designed to support the Next Generation Standards for learning about adaptations in third grade (LS3.A, LS3.B, LS4.C). This Google Slides digital resource with 17 slides provides practice for students to research animal adaptations of the woodlands biome.
Though many tasks can be done with paper and pencil, doing the same task through Google Apps can present greater opportunities for student learning. Google Slides can embed links to useful videos; Google Slides can enhance understanding with color diagrams, pictures, and photographs; animation can also be embedded and use to demonstrate a concept. Most importantly, students are using 21st-century learning tools that will prepare them for eventual online standardized testing.
1. Use it as a traditional Interactive Notebook.
2. Use it one slide at a time to complement a particular lesson on adaptation.
3. Use it as independent work such as classroom work, project work, or even homework.
This Interactive Digital Notebook has been paired with Common Core State Standard for English Language Arts for grades 3 - 5 so that you can integrate it with Language Arts. All student slides are designed to have students research one particular aspect of adaptation (structural adaptations).
Additionally, each slide includes 1 HYPERLINK to a trusted, reliable, kid-friendly free site that the students can use for research and information gathering in conjunction with the print resources you provide. There is also 1 HYPERLINK to a VIDEO to use for research.
Please make sure your district/school/classroom has access to SafeShare or YouTube.
The Interactive Digital Notebook includes 17 slides:
* Slide 1: Cover Page
* Slide 2: Table of Contents
* Slide 3: Researching and Citing Evidence
* Slide 4: Instructions for Students
* Slide 5: What is an adaptation?
* Slide 6: Exploring the Woodlands Biome
* Slide 7: Adapting to a Woodlands Biome
* Slide 8: Body Structures in a Woodlands Biome: bear
* Slide 9: Body Structures in a Woodlands Biome: owl
* Slide 10: Body Structures in a Woodlands Biome: beaver
* Slide 11: Body Structures in a Woodlands Biome: deer
* Slide 12: Woodlands Prey/Predator Adaptations
* Slide 13: Woodlands Adaptations for Defense
* Slide 14: Avoiding the Cold
* Slide 15: Woodlands Camouflage
* Slide 16: Which animal is better adapted?
* Slide 17: Expository Essay Writing
Step by step student directions for each slide is included in the Speaker Notes at the bottom of each slide (similar to PowerPoint Presenter Notes).
This interactive digital notebook is a great way for students to conduct short research topics while working on both content and ELA standards.
Culminating research includes writing:
* an informative essay: The student picks a woodlands animal and writes a 3 - 5 paragraph essay on that animal and its adaptations for living in a woodlands biome.
Some other unique features of this Interactive Digital Notebook
* Table of Contents has links to each slide for easy navigation and return navigation
* HYPERLINKS to websites on the page for easy access
* Video Links use Safeshare.tv for safe viewing from YouTube
* Answer Key included
* Scoring Guide included
* List of Common Core State Standards for ELA pairings by grade level
* Tutorial for the teacher on how to assign the Interactive Digital Notebook in Google Classroom
* Teacher Tips for using Google Slides
* All student instructions are in the SPEAKER NOTES
* PDF file for the teacher of all the slides for reference
* PDF file for the teacher of the slides and SPEAKER NOTES
* There is a PRINTABLE for the student on which to take notes by hand
What are some advantages of going PAPERLESS with a cloud-based, digital resource?
→ with Google Classroom, you can view your students work live from your own computer or device
→ students turn in work digitally for you to grade
→ students can log in at home to complete assignments
→ students utilize 21st-century learning tools
→ students prepare for similar tasks they will encounter with online standardized tests
→ student motivation is high
→ replaces traditional paper/pencil tasks practice pages
If you are looking for more resources to add to your Google Classroom check out my CUSTOM CATEGORY GOOGLE Apps Ready
Be sure to click on the green ★ to follow me for updates and new product announcements!
♦ Do you need some fresh ideas and tips? Then visit My BLOG
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
If you have any questions or concerns, go ahead and contact me through the Q & A and I’ll get back to you ASAP!