Also included in
- Woodland Animals Bundle | Project Based Learning NGSS STEAM Biomimicry: Looking for something exciting for a project based learning unit? These resource focuses on the study of woodland animals. These lesson plans will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to ins$8.10$13.00Save $4.90
- Back to School Science Bundle 1 | Biomimicry NGSS: Looking for fresh ideas to welcome back your students to the new term. This Back to School Science Bundle is perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. Reviews of other Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:Project b$9.90$15.00Save $5.10
- Back to School | Bundle Biodiversity Climate Change Space Dinosaurs BiomimicryLooking for exciting science resources that students will appreciate and enjoy using? Spark an interest in space, nature and wildlife as well as the environment with resources in this bundle. Reviews of other Sparking Ch$28.80$48.50Save $19.70
- Science Bundle 3 | Environment Climate Change Biomimicry Distance Learning: Looking for exciting science resources that students will appreciate and enjoy using? Spark an interest in nature and wildlife as well as the environment with resources in this bundle.Reviews of other Sparking Children's$37.80$64.50Save $26.70
Woodland Animals | Project Based Learning Biomimicry NGSS Digital Activities:
Looking for something exciting for a project based learning unit? This resource focuses on the study of woodland animals. This is a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study forest animals and use creative thinking to explore ideas.
These activities are fun and engaging. And great brain workout!
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students.
Contact me on email@example.com if you have any questions, thanks.
1. Why Teach Biomimicry
2. Getting Started Guide
3. How to Observe and Collect Information about mammals & plants
4. What we know and what we want to know
5. What I know about woodland
6. A hedgehog has, can, is
7. I love hedgehogs because. . .
8. What if I was a hedgehog? - Protection Helmet
9. Terrific Noses
10. A porcupine has, can, is
11. Compare and contrast - venn diagram - spines, quills
12. A sharp idea
13. Biomimicry poem
14. Nutty Facts & Observations
15. Why does a squirrel flick its tail?
16. Quick squirrel ideas
17. Design challenge - words
18. Feather poem
19. I love birds because . . .
20. Bird’s Nest - little or low value
21. Design challenge - bird's nest
22. What it feels like to use the invention - story writing
23. Fox dance
24. Invent a dancing robot, spy camera, or toy inspired by the eyes of the fox.
25. Doodling gallery
26. Helicopter seeds
27. Parachutes, fans, wind energy, spacecraft
28. What I learned
29. Explain the coolest idea
30. How to use biomimicry in the classroom - inspiration and ideas
31. Links to videos and information
32. Biomimicry Lapbook
Reviews of other Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
"Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!"
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I am a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with through Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.