Learn a new word each day with this vocabulary building activity. Students take charge of their learning by choosing and sharing new vocabulary words. The whole class has the opportunity to take part in growing their writing and speaking vocabulary. Differentiation is built in since students are participating in choosing words they are interested in!
Click here to see how I use this resource in my 5th grade classroom.
Within this product you will find ideas for how to incorporate vocabulary into your daily routine, as well as printables to support your students in their learning.
Included in this resource:
- Step by step directions for making "Learn A Word A Day" part of your classroom routines
- Ideas for extending vocabulary learning
- Word Catcher to place in student notebooks
- Word Suggestion cards for student interaction
- Word Cards to add to class bulletin board
- Words of the Week list to help students keep track of words
- Frayer Diagram template for deeper understanding of new words
- Sentence of the Week formative assessment tool
- Bulletin board headers for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade, as well as blank
- CCSS "I can…" statements for building vocabulary (3rd, 4th, and 5th grade)
You may also like: