After teaching Latin and Greek roots for 13 years, I was leaving my school to teach overseas. My colleagues didn't know what to do, stating, "What will we do without you teaching roots?" I told them I would give them my lesson plans. Well, this book IS my lesson plans! (My colleagues roped me into adding workbook pages.)
Word Archeology is adaptable for students in grades 4-12 and is taught just one day each week. Units cover general science terms, parts of the body, literature terms, and college student life.
- 123 root words (plus derivatives)
- 26 common Latin sayings and 21 conversational words
- 41 Latin abbreviations
- 40 prefixes
- Play Vinco, Tergum to Tergum, Pass the Stella, Gladiator, Magnus Ludus
- Sing Latin and Greek songs, illustrate words and phrases, practice Roman numerals
- Read medical prescriptions, recognize Roman and Greek architecture
- Complete workbook pages like Animal Dendron, Telegraph, Abbreviation Rock
*170 textbox examples from real sources. Students learn to USE words and derivatives in their own writing and speaking.
*Professionally illustrated certificates
What I like is that teachers can adapt Word Archeology to their needs. Teach one lesson in two weeks....or two lessons in one week. Teach multiple grades together. Teach only two units for elementary. It's adaptable!
- Elementary, middle, and high schools
- Homeschool multi-grade groups
- Overseas international schools with English Language Learners
- English Language Learner 6-week summer programs
Thank you! We may become word-lover friends for life!
English, Latin teacher
P.S. If you are hesitant about teaching Latin/Greek roots, I will teach YOU the first couple of lessons. (I'm that passionate about this.) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
***Remember, as per copyright laws, this curriculum is for your personal use only. Please download to a secure site. Thanks!
Please join me RIGHT HERE ⭐ for news!