After teaching Latin and Greek roots for 13 years, I was leaving my school to teach overseas. My colleagues didn't know what to do, stating, "What will we do without you teaching roots?" I told them I would give them my lesson plans. Well, this book is my lesson plans!
This is the best root book out there. It’s mainly because it’s adaptable for students in grades 4-12 and is taught just one day each week with an abundance of interactive activities. Students become word-lovers.
- Students master Latin and Greek root words, derivatives, prefixes, abbreviations, and common Latin sayings.
- Units cover general science terms, parts of the body, literature terms, and college student life.
- Every lesson includes reproducible worksheets.
- Extended activities include drawing, singing, reading medical prescriptions, and recognizing Roman and Greek architecture.
- Students play games such as Vinco, Tergum to Tergum, Pass the Stella, Gladiator, and Magnus Ludus.
- Includes review materials and unit tests, as well as professionally illustrated certificates.
***In addition to being used in elementary, middle, and high schools, Word Archeology is currently used in overseas international schools with English Language Learners, and with multi-age homeschool groups.
I so appreciate teachers emailing me to say how much they love this book; BUT what I really need are reviews/ratings on TpT! Please consider writing a review.
English, Latin teacher
P.S. If you are hesitant about teaching Latin/Greek roots, I will teach YOU the first couple of lessons. (I'm that passionate about this.) Email: email@example.com
P.P.S. Two free supplements will come out Fall 2021.
***Remember, as per copyright laws, this curriculum is for your personal use only. Please download to a secure site. Thanks!