This 16 page pack has 7 different word attack strategies that students can use to decode unknown words. Each strategy is paired with an animal picture so that it is easy for students to remember what they do for each strategy. There are full size posters, smaller cards (6 to a page), and bookmarks in color and black and white. They are great for guided reading groups, RTI, or literacy stations.
7 Word Attack Strategies Included:
• Eagle Eye (looking at the picture)
• Lips the Fish (say the first sound)
• Tryin' Lion (reread the sentence to monitor and self-correct)
• Stretchy Snake (phoneme segmentation)
• Chunky Monkey (break the word into chunks)
• Skippy Frog (skip the unknown word, read to the end, come back and try again)
• Flippy the Dolphin (flip the vowel sound: try long and short)
All Create-abilities resources are designed with ease-of-use in mind. Don’t have a color printer? No problem. Pages that do not render well in black-and-white have black-and-white copies included. Be classroom-ready with a quick print.
Check out my preview for a closer look at this product!
Feedback is greatly appreciated!!
★★★★You Might Also Like
●Guided Reading Mega Bundle Lower Elementary Mega Pack: Kindergarten-2nd Grade
●Nonsense Word Fluency Practice
●CVC Slide Cards for Phoneme Segmentation
●Reading Comprehension Strategies Posters