Welcome to Word Birds
, a weekly lesson bundle for Middle Schoolers, and resources to build higher-level vocabulary in your 6th-8th Grade students.
These weekly lessons include three separate levels of the following:
• a single word plus definition as a PDF designed to be printed as a poster and displayed in your room
• a PowerPoint slide to accompany the poster, with an example of how to use the word in a sentence
• 6 entertaining task cards to get your students using the word in a variety of ways including my trademark comic strip!
• a Word Bird helpsheet explaining the differences between verbs, adjectives, nouns and adverbs.
• a record sheet to go in student exercise books to help them keep track of the words they have learned.
Most school years run for 38 weeks, but I’ve included 40 words in case you don’t fancy using any of them or you want to use them on other occasions too.
120 slides in PDF form to be printed as posters
120-page PDF of words plus definitions for student handouts or posters
18 mini task cards
1 record sheet
1 help sheet to be used as a student handout.
Please note that all three sets include the same comic strip as one of the task cards, though it is edited for the colour scheme.
Take a closer look by clicking the “Preview” button above.
NOTE: This set will be followed with Word Birds for grades 6-12 shortly, along with a complete bundle of all seven sets!
This set includes the following:
Word Birds Word of the Week for 6th GradeWord Birds Word of the Week for 7th GradeWord Birds Word of the Week for 8th Grade
AND try out my best seller, Twitter Issues! Correct the Spelling and Grammar of Celebrities!
This product is for personal and classroom use. It is NOT for resale or any other commercial purposes.
Keywords: vocabulary; test preparation; test prep; vocab; improve writing; junior; 6th grade; 7th grade; 8th grade; ELA; advanced vocabulary; lesson plans; middle school; high school