Welcome to Word Birds
, a weekly lesson and resources to build higher-level vocabulary in your 6th Grade students.
This set is available are part of my Word Birds MIDDLE SCHOOL Bundle
to save you both time AND money!
These weekly lessons include the following:
• a single word plus definition as a PDF designed to be printed as a poster and displayed in your room
• a PowerPoint slide to accompany the poster, with an example of how to use the word in a sentence
• 6 entertaining task cards to get your students using the word in a variety of ways including my trademark comic strip!
• a Word Bird helpsheet explaining the differences between verbs, adjectives, nouns and adverbs.
• a record sheet to go in student exercise books to help them keep track of the words they have learned.
Most school years run for 38 weeks, but I’ve included 40 words in case you don’t fancy using any of them or you want to use them on other occasions too.
40 slides in PDF form to be printed as posters
40-page PDF of words plus definitions for student handouts or posters
6 mini task cards
1 record sheet
1 help sheet to be used as a student handout.
Take a closer look by clicking the “Preview” button above.
NOTE: This set will be followed with Word Birds for grades 6-12 shortly, along with a complete bundle of all seven sets!
Take a look at my other Word Birds for different grades:
Word Birds Word of the Week for 7th GradeWord Birds Word of the Week for 8th GradeWord Birds Word of the Week for 9th GradeWord Birds Word of the Week for 10th Grade
AND try out my best seller, Twitter Issues! Correct the Spelling and Grammar of Celebrities!
This product is for personal and classroom use. It is NOT for resale or any other commercial purposes.
Keywords: vocabulary; test preparation; test prep; vocab; improve writing; junior; senior; 10th grade; ELA; advanced vocabulary; lesson plans; middle school; high school