Welcome to Word Birds, a weekly lesson and resources to build higher-level vocabulary in your students.
These weekly lessons include the following:
• a single word plus definition as a PDF designed to be printed as a poster and displayed in your room
• a PowerPoint slide to accompany the poster, with an example of how to use the word in a sentence
• 6 entertaining task cards to get your students using the word in a variety of ways including my trademark comic strip!
• a Word Bird helpsheet explaining the differences between verbs, adjectives, nouns and adverbs.
• a record sheet to go in student exercise books to help them keep track of the words they have learned.
Most school years run for 38 weeks, but I’ve included 40 words in case you don’t fancy using any of them or you want to use them on other occasions too.
Each grade package includes:
40 slides in PowerPoint in both US and British English (80 slides total)
40-page PDF of words plus definitions for student handouts or posters (again in both US and British English)
6 mini task cards
1 record sheet
1 help sheet to be used as a student handout.
Take a closer look by clicking the “Preview” button above.
NOTE: This set will shortly include Word Birds for 12th grade.
This product is for personal and classroom use. It is NOT for resale or any other commercial purposes.
Keywords: vocabulary; test preparation; test prep; vocab; improve writing; junior; senior; 6th grade; 7th grade; 8th grade; 9th grade; 10th grade; 11th grade; 12th grade; ELA; advanced vocabulary; lesson plans; middle school; high school