Word Builder Game
Directions for CVC game
Print out pages 2-7 on heavy card stock. Cut the two game cards apart and cut out the letter squares. Laminate for durability. You may want to print out multiple copies of the letter tiles as needed.
How to play: (2-4 players)
1. Build a CVC word on the mat to start the game. Use the colors to guide students on where to place the letters.
2. Give each student 5 letter tiles.
3. The first player will choose one of their letter tiles to place on top of another letter tile to create a new word.
4. If it is the students turn and they cannot make a new word, then the student will draw a new letter tile in hopes of making a word.
5. Game ends when no student can play a tile during their turn or you run out of letter tiles.
There is also a mat for CVCe words. You can increase the difficulty level by adding digraphs, blends and vowel combinations as well as more difficult game boards.