Students will learn about the importance of good word choice to help communicate their thoughts and ideas more clearly.
1) Copy sheet #1 and #2 on cardstock paper.
2) Cut window s around the underlined words on sheet #1.
3) Sheet #3 can be copied on regular paper.
4) Hand out sheet #2 to the class.
5) Read the paragraph as a class.
6) Discuss the importance of good word choice.
7) Discuss how using a more specific word can improve writing.
8) Hand out sheets #1 and #3 and review the directions with your class.
9) Students will cut out the better word choices and paste them onto sheet 2.
10) When they are finished replacing all the underlined words, they will past sheet#1 over sheet two. Only let the students put the glue around the border of the paper.