HD-quality video files to accompany my Writing Lab Revision Modules - WORD CHOICE Review and Bundle Unit
My Writing Lab curriculum consists of a series of week-long mini-lessons called Revision Modules. Each module is based on an entertaining and informative video series that explains specific writing concepts and revision strategies. The downloadable modules also include daily bellwork assignments, practice activities, posters, and quizzes.
However, because video files are so large, the video files included in the individual module downloads are 720p (lower than full HD) quality with a lower bitrate. This is all just a technical way of saying that, for the downloaded video files, I was forced to sacrifice video image quality for the sake of smaller file sizes. And in the full Word Choice Review Unit, which includes all seven Revision Modules in the series, I was not able to include any videos because even the lower-quality video files would have been too large.
Of course, the videos are available for free on YouTube. However, I know all too well how big of a pain it can sometimes be to access YouTube during class with the overly strict internet filters districts often employ.
The purpose of this shipped product is to provide high-quality video files for the Writing Lab Modules without having to rely on access to YouTube or an internet connection.
• The product will ship with TWO DVDs as the video files are too large to fit on a single disk.
• Video files will come as MP4 files, which can be played on any computer. The disks will NOT be playable on a traditional stand-alone DVD player—you’ll need a computer.
• Video files play in 1080p full HD quality for perfectly clear text and images.
• Each video file ranges from 300 Mb to 850 Mb in size.
• While you can certainly play the video from your computer DVD drive, best playback will result from saving the video files to your computer’s hard drive. This will take up just under 8 gigabytes of space.
• The DVD does NOT include Revision Module materials other than the videos. The supplementary materials can be downloaded separately.
UNITS IN THE WORD CHOICE
Reducing Be Verbs
Eliminating Lame Words
Avoiding Word Repetition
Using Word Connotations
Created by Arik Durfee