Also included in
- Use these FOUR engaging resources to remind students to use interesting, exact words when they revise their writing. These activities stress the importance of choosing "just the right word" and they focus on the correct way to use the thesaurus. (Several years ago, I noticed that some of my students$8.99$15.98Save $6.99
This 40-slide Word Choice PowerPoint is a step-by-step presentation that teaches students about using exact, interesting words in their writing. A companion handout is also included. Students can record their answers as they follow along on their handout.
There are four main sections in this PowerPoint:
1. Using EXACT words in our writing
2. Using INTERESTING words in our writing
3. Using a THESAURUS to improve word choice (I stress that not ALL words are interchangeable. You have to consider the context of the entire sentence in order to choose an appropriate synonym.)
4. Putting it all together: Revising an entire paragraph for word choice
There are numerous practice slides.
***A PowerPoint companion handout is also included in this file. Therefore, students can follow along and record answers on this handout as you progress through the PowerPoint! The companion handout is available in both printable format or digital format. The digital version is compatible with Google Slides.**
Also, you DO have my permission to convert the PowerPoint to a Google Slides presentation.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!!
Click on the following links to check out my other writing PowerPoints!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!