Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.15 MB | 22 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.7.4. They will analyze and evaluate word choices for connotative, figurative, or technical meaning. Students will work to understand how authors use word choice to communicate tone, which expands the meaning of the text. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 3 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 3 links to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions and two matching questions
• Definitions of key terms, such as figurative language and stance
• Excerpts from several texts, including "Remarks by the President at the 50th Anniversary of the Selma to Montgomery Marches” by President Obama
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels