Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.1 MB | 13 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard L.3.3.A. They will analyze an author’s word choices. Students will work to understand how word choice shapes meaning, mood, or tone in a text. They will choose words that express ideas clearly. Students also have the option to listen to instructional audio and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 1 assessment that includes four multiple choice questions and one matching question
• Definitions of key terms, such as word choice and effect
• Excerpts from several texts including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" by Beatrix Potter
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as symbolism and allegory
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels