This HUGE BUNDLE review unit provides a full trimester of revision and language curriculum with 196 PowerPoint slides and over 120 printable pages. It includes seven of my Revision Module products as well as a load of additional review materials you can’t get in any other download.
Writing Lab Modules are designed as a way to teach specific writing and revision strategies that can be put to use immediately in students’ writing. Many of these concepts don’t have right or wrong answers, but there are some revision rules-of-thumb that the students can benefit from. While these units cover Common Core concepts, the focus is more practical—it’s not about covering bases, checking boxes, or cramming for state tests; it’s about helping students improve their writing.
The Writing Lab curriculum can be used in a traditional classroom setting, but it is also well-suited for a FLIPPED CLASSROOM or a 1 TO 1 TECHNOLOGY SETTING in which students could watch the instructional video outside of class and then come prepared to ask questions about the bellwork practice pieces.
Because of TpT’s file size limitations, this bundle unit cannot include the video files that go along with the Revision Modules. However, the teacher’s guide provides links to the videos on YouTube, or you can PURCHASE THE VIDEOS SEPERATELY ON DVD
for just $10!
INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
SEVEN Revision Modules:
Reducing Be Verbs
Eliminating Lame Words
Avoiding Word Repetition
Using Word Connotations
AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL MATERIALS:
* 2 versions of a classroom poster to remind students of word-choice skills taught in the unit
* A group reading/discussion/analysis activity with full text of seven historical speeches
* An example annotation activity along with an annotated examples handout
* An e-reading activity in which students read online articles and then analyze and discuss the word choices of professional writers
* A revision practice activity
* A writing practice activity with example prompts and links to YouTube videos for topic background
* A word choice grading rubric
* 9 days of new bellwork review activities
* 2 versions of a unit test – a multiple choice version and a free response version
* Font files for the PowerPoint and for customizing printed materials
For those of you familiar with my TEN-MINUTE GRAMMER
Units, this Writing Lab series is intended as a next level and continuation. New units will be released on a regular basis over the next year until the full curriculum is finished.
These are hot off the press, so if there is an error somewhere, please let me know and I'll get it fixed right away. I'm excited to hear your feedback. Please leave a review!
And finally, the older version of this product, "Ten-Minute Revision", has a WORD CHOICE
unit that is very similar to this unit. But this one also comes bundled with the seven revision modules whereas the TMR version only contains the review materials from this product. If you want something quick, the TMR
unit might serve your purposes better. But if you want something more thorough that your students will spend a lot more time on (9 weeks instead of 2), then this unit is probably your best choice.
Created by Arik Durfee