Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.23 MB | 16 pages
After hearing/seeing Weird Al's rewrite of "Blurred Lines, called "Word Crimes," I decided to take his thoughts and run with it, creating a PowerPoint (which I also print out and use as class posters) full of grammar errors that I constantly see in my students' writing, such as:
• "where" instead of "were"
• starting sentences with "because" without knowing how to do it properly
• run ons
• “the end" at the end of an essay (DUH!)
• using “’cause” instead of “because”
• not indenting
• Dear, Name
• tense shift
• pronouns without antecedents
Included in this package are the lyrics to Weird Al's "Word Crimes" song (which is hilariously entertaining and can be purchased from his album, itunes, or another location, and also has a great video viewable on YouTube), as well as a PowerPoint with reminders to avoid the above common writing mistakes!