Also included in
- These Word Detective resources will inspire and engage your students during Reader's , Writer's and Phonics Workshop as well as during independent reading. They will no longer guess, they will DECODE!20+ resources are included in this MEGA Bundle:⭐ Word Detective Badges & Certificates (Editable$65.60$82.00Save $16.40
Your Word Detectives will love to hunt for words in your decodable readers that contain one of the 78 spelling pattern that are included in this phonics notebook.
This system is especially helpful if you differentiate your spelling groups using programs such as WTW. The bookmarks will help you manage the assignments for a variety of groups.
Each notebook page contains a visual graphic and a color-coded system to help your students visually discern each spelling pattern.
78 Phonograms Included:
- 5 Short Vowels double-sided pages
- 5 CVCe/"Magic E" Vowels double-sided pages
- 8 Digraphs double-sided pages
- 19 Long vowel teams double-sided pages
- 8 Diphthongs double-sided pages
- 5 R-controlled vowels double-sided pages
- 7 S-Blends double-sided pages
- 5 L-Blends double-sided pages
- 7 R-Blends double-sided pages
- 6 Inflected Endings double-sided pages
- 4 Hard/Soft c and g double-sided pages
- Word Detective Notebook Cover (color and black and white)
- 6 color-coded Read to Self Bookmarks to help you organize reading assignments by Spelling/Word Study group focus.
- 6 labels to help you organize the bookmarks by color
- Assign your students a story to read from one of your decodable readers that reinforces their Word Study Goal for that week (ex. /aw/).
- Once you determine which decodable reader (and the story within) best matches each group's Word Study focus, you can slip the bookmark right to the page and quickly plan the assignments. It takes me about 5 minutes to get this done!
- While reading, have your students hunt for the spelling patterns that they are currently studying in their leveled/decodable readers or self-selected books and record them in their Word Detective notebook.
- Another plus...directions for the Read to Self assignment are printed on each bookmark to remind your young readers of what must be done.
As you can see, you can disguise Read to Self as a bit more... Word Work... and your students won't mind.
If you LOVE the Word Detective theme you can find a variety of resources that will support your literacy instruction right HERE.
Please visit The K Files blog for additional resources and ideas for the primary classroom!
From my home away from home…