Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- These Word Detective resources will inspire and engage your students during Reader's , Writer's and Phonics Workshop as well as during independent reading. They will no longer guess, they will DECODE!20+ resources are included in this MEGA Bundle:⭐ Word Detective Badges & Certificates (Editable$65.60$82.00Save $16.40
Calling all word detectives! These Word Detective themed Phonics and Reading Strategies posters with goal cards will surely motivate your students during your Word Study and Spelling routines.
These anchor charts provide visual reminders that can be hung in your classroom all year long, or if you do not wish to print them, they can simply be projected onto your Smart Board/Promethean to serve as an anchor chart during your mini-lessons and as spiral review.
I have found it extremely helpful to assign my differentiated Word Study Groups a Word Study goal using the editable badge and hand lens graphics that are also included in this resource.
Your students will proudly collect their goal cards as evidence of their learning throughout the year. They will also serve as a reminder to your students to continue using that phonics skill to decode unfamiliar words as they continue to grow as readers. They can also be used as reward tags!
Assigning Reading and Word Study goals is also an effective teaching strategy to help your students take ownership of their learning.
31 Phonics Posters Included:
• I can read all my letter sounds.
• I can read /b/ and /d/.
• I can read all my vowel sounds.
• I can read digraphs.
• I can read CVC words.
• I can read words that rhyme.
• I can read s-blends.
• I can read l-blends.
• I can read r-blends.
• I can read r-controlled vowels.
• I can flip the vowel sound.
• I can choose the right vowel sound.
• I can read CVCe words.
• I can read long a words.
• I can read long e words.
• I can read long i words.
• I can read long o words.
• I can read long u words.
• I can catch Bandit Y.
• I can read the sounds of oo.
• I can look at all parts of the word.
• I can read diphthongs /ou/ and /ow/.
• I can read diphthongs /au/ and /aw/.
• I can read diphthongs /oi/ and /oy/.
• I can count syllables.
• I can look for a base word.
• I can read longer words.
• I can read compound words.
• I can look for a prefix.
• I can look for a suffix.
16 Reading Strategy Posters Included:
• Bulletin Board Title or Book Cover
• I can choose “just right” books.
• I can stay in on spot.
• I can build my stamina.
• I can make a prediction.
• I can do something after reading.
• I can read lots of books.
• I can keep track.
• I can set goals.
• I can improve my fluency.
• I can scoop up more words.
• I can reread to learn more.
• I can self correct.
• I can look at the pictures.
• I can skip the word.
• I can make the beginning sound.
• I can stretch out the sounds.
.... and editable badges and hand lens to personalize with your students' names
….and 46 matching goal cards/reward tags! (16 cards per sheet)
I am positive I have not included every phonics rule, so I will be adding to this resource throughout the year and TpT will notify you when there is an update!
A Complete List of Resources with the Word Detective Theme:
Or you can find them ALL in the Word Detective MEGA Bundle!
Please visit my blog TheKFiles.com for additional resources and ideas!
From my home away from home…
The K Files