Word Detective Printables: Kids love to pretend to be detectives! Why not use this enthusiasm to make their learning fun. The “Word Detective” resource is the perfect way to reinforce word work and reading with your students. There are so many possibilities!
• I have included a printable magnifying glass. These are a fun little prop for kids to use while they are being word detectives. Of course if you have real magnifiers in your science materials, that would be even better!
• There are several open ended printables where you have the option of assigning any kind of words you want for your students to find. Examples: “cvce” words, bossy “r” words, proper nouns, math words, sight words…
• I have provided several formats for students to record their words. This will help mix things up to keep your students' interested.
• Students can search for words in a specific text you assign or this can be a read the room activity.
• I have included an optional sentence writing sheet to use with the recording sheets. Students have the opportunity to choose 5 words from their recording sheets to “hide” in sentences by writing complete sentences with the words. Then they can give clues to friends to try and find the hidden words in the sentences!
Thanks for visiting my store! Nancy Taylor-Davis