PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Word Detective Phonics Kit was designed to motivate young readers to decode unfamiliar words rather than guess!
The Word Detective Kits can be used in a variety of ways to supplement your Word Study and Reading instruction:
❶ Prepare a set of Word Detective Kits so that each student in your small groups will have one to use as they meet with you. This will eliminate the need for them to gather supplies needed during your small group work. Everything will be at hand! Time saver!
❷ Prepare a set for each child in your classroom to use during your Word Study block or during Reader’s Workshop.
The Word Detective Kit Includes:
• 4 top cover options (2 girls and 2 boys)
• Interior Cover (Beginner): ABC Reference Chart with picture icons
• Interior Cover (Advanced): Phoneme Reference Chart with picture icons
• 4 Reading Tracker Options (2 girls and 2 boys)
• Word Detective Pocket Notebook Cover (measures 3x5”)
• Word Detective Pocket Notebook Phoneme page headers
• Alphabet cards A-Z with picture icons
• Additional vowel cards with picture icons
The Word Detective Teacher Kit includes:
• Elkonin Sound Discrimination boxes (3 boxes)
• Elkonin Sound Discrimination boxes (4 boxes)
• 12 Phoneme Reference Cards for vowels, blends, digraphs, long vowels, r-controlled vowels, and diphthongs
• Full page Word Detective Ladder
• Half page Word Detective Ladders
• Phoneme Reference Flip book for short and long vowel sounds
• Phoneme Reference Flip book for short vowels, blends, digraphs, r-controlled vowels and diphthongs
• Be A Word Detective primary lined writing paper in Color
• Be A Word Detective primary lined writing paper in b/w
• Half-page Alphabet chart with picture icons
• Phoneme Reference bookmark
• Phoneme mini anchor charts
• Short Vowel Reference Cards
A Complete List of Resources with the Word Detective Theme:
Or you can find them ALL in the Word Detective MEGA Bundle!
Please visit my blog TheKFiles for additional resources and ideas!
From my home away from home…
The K Files