Looking for a way to have students monitor their own learning? Try this Dictation and Student Assessment Quiz Packet (Initial & Ending Consonant Blends).
1) Students fold the answer key flap back (or cut the flap to make two separate sections) and use the key to study the words (individually, or with a classmate).
2) After an appropriate amount of "study time" students flip the quiz paper over, hiding the answer key. The teacher can now dictate the words to the entire class, or allow the students to test themselves.
3) Once students have finished the quiz (either dictation or self-assessment), students are encouraged to "grade" their own quiz using the Answer Key flap provided with each quiz.
Works great for homework, whole class instruction, and centers activity.
1) Use the study lists to practice alphabetical order.
2) Assign for homework or centers practice.
3) Early Finishers: Print sentence template on reverse side for students who finish early. Students select five words from the quiz and write a sentence for each of those words. (The truck went to the dump.)
4) Print, trim and laminate for multiple use during centers work.
LEVEL 1 Available Here:
Word Families Quiz Packet LEVEL 1 (CVC)
Initial and Ending Consonant Blends
Additional sets including digraphs and long vowel sounds on the way! Click "Follow" above to receive automatic "new product" notifications from TpT.
*All pictures, fonts and graphics used with permission from original copyright holders.*