Students will use these cards to practice short vowel word families. Laminate the cards for durability, and students can use dry erase markers, or other objects (like pom-poms, buttons, play-dough balls, etc.) to “cover up” the words as they read. Another option is to have students color each square as they read each word. These cards are great for centers, cookie tray activities, pocket charts, or even hidden in sensory bins.
>>Watch this video HERE to see how to use these cards.
Note: This activity is used in my Kindergarten Literacy Curriculum here
What You Get:
- 4 Short Vowel A Word Family Cards: -an, -at, -ad, -am.
- 2 Short Vowel E Word Family Cards: -en, -ed.
- 3 Short Vowel I Word Family Cards: -ig, -in, it.
- 2 Short Vowel O Word Family Cards: -op, -ot.
- 2 Short Vowel U Word Family Cards: -ug, -un.
SAVE!! Check it out:
This activity download is also included in my Ultimate K-1 Activity Bundle
>> FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
>> VISIT MY BLOG