Word Family Posters and Book-
- Teach your students 30 of the most important word family chunks.
- Each poster is represented by a word and picture that contains that particular word family rhyme along with a sentence that is used a mnemonic to help remember that rhyme.
- Students chant the chunk along with the sentence while acting it out.
- Research shows that incorporating rhyme and movement in instruction increase learning.
- These posters are effective in teaching these word families to my struggling readers.
- Students truly enjoy chanting these rhymes and were quickly able to recite them from memory.
- Can be made into individual copies for students as books which they use to practice at home and referred to during writing to help spell words.
- The word family rhymes covered are- ack, ail, ain, ake, ame, an, ar, ash, at, ate, aw, ay, eat, ell, est, ice, ick, ide, ight, ill, un, ine, ip, it, ock, oke, op, ore, ump, unk.
-Also check out my
-Phonics/ Word Study- Word Family Bingo Kit
- Phonics/ Word Study Study- 30 Word Family Flip books.
Thanks from RealReadingRemedies ;)