Each word family set includes 7 different word family patterns with 7 picture and word examples that follow the specific word pattern. Words range in length but all include the same ending sound/word family.
These sorts are great for classroom morning work or an independent reading center! They are also great for homework and can be easily customized for each student’s needs.
A blank template page are provided so teachers can customize their own pages. As well, PDF files are included for printing the sorts 1 per page and 2 per page.
This can also be used as a quick and easy assessment for early learners, English language learners, and special education students. These can be used to monitor letter-sound correspondence, reading skills, sight words, letter matching/recognition, vocabulary, and encourage word/object relationships.
You can find all of the Word Family Sorts HERE!
The complete list of 13 products includes:
- Short Vowels Set 1 (Short A - ab, ad, ag, am, an, ap, at)
- Short Vowels Set 2 (Short E - ed, est, ent, en, et, eg, ell)
- Short Vowels Set 3 (Short I - ick, ig, ill, in, ip, it, id)
- Short Vowels Set 4 (Short O - ob, og, op, ot, ock, od, oss)
- Short Vowels Set 5 (Short U - ub, uck ug, um, un, ut, ump)
- Long Vowels Set 1 (ail, ain, ade, age, ake, ale, ame)
- Long Vowels Set 2 (ane, ate, ay, eat, eed, eel, eep)
- Long Vowels Set 3 (eet, ice, ide, ight, ike, ile, ime)
- Long Vowels Set 4 (ine, oat, oke, ole, one, ope, ow)
- Alternate Vowels Set 1 (all, and, ank, ar, are, aw, ew)
- Alternate Vowels Set 2 (ing, ink oil, oo, ook, ool, oom)
- Alternate Vowels Set 3 (oon, oop, oot, ore, orn, ound, out)
- Alternate Vowels Set 4 (ow, own, unk, y, ee, e, oe)
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission. Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260