Each word family set includes 7 different word family patterns with 7 picture/word examples that follow the specific word pattern. Words range in length but all include the same ending sound / word family.
These sorts are GREAT for classroom morning work or an independent reading center!! They work great as home learning connections / homework.
A blank template page are provided so teachers can customize their own pages. As well, PDF files are included for printing the sorts 1 per page and 2 per page.
This is only 1 set, but there are 13 sets available in my store:
- Set 1: short a (ab, ad, ag, am, an, ap, at)
- Set 2: short e (ed, est, ent, en, et, eg, ell)
- Set 3: short i (ick, ig, ill, in, ip, it, id)
- Set 4: short o (ob, og, op, ot, ock, od, oss)
- Set 5: short u (ub, uck ug, um, un, ut, ump)
- Set 1: ail, ain, ade, age, ake, ale, ame
- Set 2: ane, ate, ay, eat, eed, eel, eep
- Set 3: eet, ice, ide, ight, ike, ile, ime
- Set 4: ine, oat, oke, ole, one, ope, ow
- Set 1: all, and, ank, ar, are, aw, ew
- Set 2: ing, ink oil, oo, ook, ool, oom
- Set 3: oon, oop, oot, ore, orn, ound, out
- Set 4: ow, own, unk, y, ee, e, oe
This can also be used as a quick and easy assessment for early learners, english language learners, and special education students. These can be used to monitor letter-sound correspondence, reading skills, sight words, letter matching/recognition, vocabulary, and encourage word/object relationships.
Students can be given one or more pages and sort the pictures and words into the appropriate category - this is a great prompt for writing practice as well!
Please look at the thumbnails for a better understanding of this product!
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission. Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com