Word Family Study!
This unit takes a close look at TEN WORD FAMILIES. They are: ap, at, en, et, in, ip, it, op, ug, and ut.
Ap: cap, lap, map, tap, newly added: nap, sap
At: bat, cat, hat, mat, newly added: fat, rat
En: hen, pen, ten, newly added: den, men
Et: jet, net, pet, wet newly added: met, vet
In: bin, fin, pin, tin newly added: win, spin
Ip: flip, lip, rip, tip, zip newly added: dip, hip, sip
It: kit, mitt, pit, sit newly added: bit, hit, lit
Op: cop, hop, mop, pop, shop, stop newly added: top
Ug: bug, hug, mug, rug, tug newly added: jug
Ut: cut, hut, mutt, nut newly added: gut
• Word Family Posters or Anchor Charts - one for each family listed above - FULL PAGE, in color only.
**NEW** 22 pages -- Just added April 6, 2014:
Flash cards with pictures only (4 per page) and flash cards with pictures AND words (4 per page). These can be used for display purposes in a pocket chart as an alternative to the posters. They can also be used at literacy centers for word family sorting. Or used during RTI for phoneme segmentation practice. The possibilities are endless. A special thanks to a great follower for the idea - she knows who she is! :)
• 6 unique word family worksheets - three different styles: configuration station (letter boxes), cut-and-paste, find and color word family pictures - two of each style.
• Word Family Houses - print and laminate or print and place inside plastic sheet protectors. These would make easy, no-fuss literacy centers. Add letter dice/die, a letter spinner, or a grab bag of letters. Students can use dry erase markers to write the letter and form a real or nonsense word.
• 10 Game-style worksheets - one per word family. Students will need a paper clip, pencil, and crayons to complete them. These can be used as a literacy center, pair-share work, early finishers, RTI, or even as an assessment! You will be able to easily tell if your students' are correctly reading and identifying the words.
• 10 Foldable Emergent Readers - one for each word family. Simply print and fold and they're ready to read, color, and enjoy!
• 10 Foldable Word Family Books - one for each word family. Simply print and fold and they're ready to use the letter boxes to write in each word, color, and enjoy!
See bolded terms above
If you like my product, please consider becoming a follower to stay connected and alert to new products and FREEBIES I post.
Did you know? Leaving feedback for your TpT purchases earns you credits good towards future purchases. Please contact me via Q&A before leaving negative feedback. Thanks!
If there is something you'd like to see changed or added to this product, let me know! My email address can be found on page 2.
Thank you! :)