Five differentiated recording sheets to use as a word work activity! Templates are designed to be used for a word hunt with any reading book or with the environmental print that is already around the room!!
Fill in the spelling pattern you want your students to hunt for, then make copies of the assignment and you are set. Have them search (with fun magnifying glasses even!) through their reading book for the words, or go around and "Read/Write the Room" to find the words. No additional preparation needed!
1. Find and write words that start with the letter(s) ___.
2. Find and write words that end with the letter(s) ___.
3. Find and write words that have this many letter(s) - ___.
4. Find and write words that follow this spelling pattern - ___.
5. Seek out your sight words: write the sight word(s) you want your students to look for at the top of each box, then have your students copy down the sight word each time they find it, count out the number of times they find the sight word, then record the winning word.