This unit contains a week of activities to teach word meaning.
Included in this unit:
* Teacher Talk Page- All the instructions you will need for a week of word meaning reading skill activities
* Skill Shocker- A science experiment (Oh Say Can You See) to kick off the reading skill unit with student page
* Literature Link- Activity page to go along with Debra Frasier’s picture book Miss Alaineus: A Vocabulary Disaster
* Group Gathering- Small group thesaurus song writing activity
* Chapter Book Check-Up- Use the first chapter of Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater to test word meaning knowledge. Kids will get a sneak peak of the book and hopefully want to read more on their own.
* Technology Tie-In- Students will design their own online word pictures using synonyms.
Check out my other reading skill units covering:
(more will be added soon)