Print on cardstock and cut apart into individual cards.
Place cards face up on desk. Groups work as a team competing against other teams.
In early rounds, use this as dictation - read a sentence in German and students put the cards together to make the sentence.
In middle rounds, give them a sentence in English and they must put it together in German.
In later rounds, give them a question in English and they must put it together in German. Then, have them form the answer. Play with where the time expression or prepositional phrase can go.
· subject pronouns
· sein in the present tense
· haben in the present tense
· definite article for nominative and accusative cases
· indefinite article for nominative and accusative cases
· school vocabulary – things, places, people
· endings to make nouns plural
· time expressions
· prepositional phrases
Corresponds to Mozaik 1 chapter 1. Can easily be edited to match your textbook.