One big challenge students often have with math story problems is that they do not read the problem carefully enough. These longer story problems were designed to help students learn to read carefully and pick out the relevant details.
Each of these 18 half-page cards features a story with a lot of information and numbers. There are also four problems for each story. Students must read carefully to successfully select the information they need to solve each problem. All of these problems require more than one step to solve and most require several steps. In addition to basic operations, money, elapsed time, fractions, and finding averages are also included.
Contents of this set include:
• 18 half-page story cards, each with four problems to solve
• A cover card
• A “Steps for Solving Word Problem Detective Task Cards” card
• 2 student response sheet options
• Answer Key
• Task Card Category
• Multi-Step Math Word Problems (grades 3-4)
• Multi-Step Math Word Problems (grades 4-6)
• Division Word Problems: Interpreting the Remainder
• Book Report Projects with Grading Rubrics
• Brain Breaks
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.