Daily Word Problem Practice, Word Problem Checklists, Step By Step Word Problem Solving Techniques, Explaining Word Problem Answers. Can be used for 4th grade RTI math.
Word Problems- AKA students worst nightmare. Help students feel proficient and successful with daily practice. This bundle includes easy ways to differentiate for all learners, scaffolds to support problem solving development, and graphic organizers to help students practice explaining their process (test prep for state testing). This resource also includes explanation of why I don't teach clue words, and an explanation of my systematic approach to teaching word problems conceptually.
- Subtraction and Addition with regrouping up the hundreds
- Finding the Total
- Finding the Difference
- Finding the Unknown Number
- Comparing Numbers
- Basic Facts
- Multiplying by Multiples of 10
- Some basic division problems that can be solved by drawing a picture
- Elapsed Time
- Includes some Multi-Step Problems
- Teacher Tips: How to differentiate
- Teacher Lesson Tips: Why I Don't Teach Clue Words
- Teacher Lesson Tips: What I teach instead and How (A systematic approach to teaching word problems conceptually)
- Full Page Checklist- "Think Tips" To help students move through problem solving procedures- Also aids in identifying operation (Addition and Subtraction Only)
- Full Page Checklist- "Think Tips" To help students move through problem solving procedures- Also aids in identifying operation (All Operations)
- Bookmark Size/Desk Visual Size "Think Tips"- Addition and Subtraction Only (Laminate to make dry erasable, Print on Astrobights to make beautiful)
- Bookmark Size/Desk Visual Size "Think Tips"- All Operations (Laminate to make dry erasable, Print on Astrobights to make beautiful)
- 1 Graphic Organizer to support students writing or verbal explanations of how they identified the operation and how they calculated (Test prep for state testing demands, and reinforces concepts)
- 1 Graphic organizer to support students writing or verbal explanation of how they identified the operation and how they calculated to solve MULTI-STEP word problems (Test prep for state testing demands, and reinforces concepts)
- 41 Word Problems with "Think Tips" checklist on each page (8 Weeks)
- Same 41 Word Problems without "Think Tips" Checklist on the page (for students who are ready and no longer require supports)
- Daily Word Problem Practice
- Word Problems/Daily Activity that's Accessible for ALL LEARNERS (Graphic organizers, visuals, and checklists to support special learners and advanced learners)
- Collect Data on Student IEP Problem Solving Goals
- Spiral Review of Calculations
- Morning Work
- Problem Solving Instruction
- Guided Math Stations
- Math Center Activity
- Test Prep for State Testing (Practice Explaining Mathematical Thinking in Words and Pictures)
- Build Conceptual Understanding of Operations and Problem Solving
- 4th Grade RTI Math- Problem Solving
- Math Morning Work/ Math Bellringer
- Guided Math Teacher Table
- Independent Math Station/Math Center
- Spiral Review
- Math Warm up/Number Talk
- I laminate the checklists and tape it to everyone's desks to be used with any word problems
Check out Set 1 3rd Grade Version HERE
Check out Set 1 4th Grade Version HERE (Extension for Higher Level/Gifted Students)
Like This Resource? Continue to check in because I am working towards building a full year of these word problems that match the general progression of 4th grade curriculums.
Want More Word Problems?
- Numberless Word Problems HERE
- Is It Multiplication? Word Problems HERE
- Multiplication and Division Word Problem Sort HERE
Want Even More?
Follow along on my resource room journey by following my teachers pay teachers store or my instagram: @ready4resource. I love seeing pictures of my products in action. Tag me in your classroom photos.
Don't forget to review your purchases to receive free TPT credits towards your next purchase!