Also included in
- Your students will love practicing grammar points and using their investigative skills to solve the puzzles in these fun escape room activities!Click the PREVIEW link above for a closer look at these resources.This bundle contains the following resources:1. Word and Logic Puzzle Escape Room (Printab$12.00$14.00Save $2.00
- Games are a fun way to learn about language and grammar! I have bundled all games and puzzles and will continue to add to this collection, so grab it now for the biggest savings! (New resource added 8/14/21)Download currently includes 47 puzzle and game resources (but remember to check back regular$53.00$105.25Save $52.25
In this engaging escape room activity, teams work together to solve the word and logic puzzles using critical thinking skills to discover codes to open the lock. Students love the fun of an escape room game, and you will love that this low-prep activity gets them thinking as they solve the puzzles and clues! For even more escape room fun, grab the bundle!
Click the Preview link above and watch the video for a closer look at this activity!
Two versions of the game are included in this resource:
- Paper-only version: You can use an actual lock with a number combination to give it more of an escape room feel, but it is not required. After each correctly completed puzzle, teams submit their solutions to the Key Master (teacher) to receive a key with a code word on it. After collecting all four keys, teams unscramble the words for a final instruction/clue to crack the combination.
- Paper-Digital hybrid version: The same puzzles as above are used, but there are no keys to collect from the teacher, and no physical lock boxes are used. After completing the puzzles, students enter the digital escape room (using Google Sites and Google Forms) and use the codes they have figured out based on the puzzles and other clues hidden within. Each puzzle represents one lock that they must open. If they get the answer right, a key with a code word will appear on the screen. They take note of the key word and continue in the same way with the next three puzzles/locks. The fifth and final lock uses the secret code found from the clue words on the keys.
This resource was updated 7/2020
This is a fun activity that will get your students thinking and working together. It is especially great for upper-level ESL students to get them talking and they will probably even learn new vocabulary in the process. This is great as a back to school ice breaker, before or after a school break, end of year class activity, or any time you want to mix things up and give your students a fun break while also encouraging critical thinking. Although it is not directly related to Halloween, the theme of escape rooms would be perfect to use around Halloween also.
This activity does not involve a lot of pieces or complicated setup, so this is a perfect option if you want a fun escape activity that is relatively low prep. The digital version requires even less paper and teacher preparation/direction. The digital portion itself is also relatively straightforward. There are not a lot of complicated activities, and students will not need to go back and forth between pages and tabs. In fact, the digital portion can be completed using a smart phone. If you have been wanting to try a digital escape room but have hesitated because they seem overwhelming, this may be a good place to start.
This resource contains the following:
1. Teacher instructions and notes
2. Student instructions and key/code recording sheet
3. Series of four puzzles/challenges for students to complete:
- Riddle Puzzles: (hink pinks and hinky pinkies). Teams work to find two-word rhyming answers to the clues. Two versions are available to adjust the level of difficulty/time required. (Three levels of difficulty are included with the digital hybrid version)
- Pictogram: Teams find the hidden message by solving the pictogram puzzles. From the given pictures, letters are added, subtracted, or replaced to reveal words from the message.
- Cryptogram puzzle: Teams work to decipher the message that will also help them figure out the final code. Three versions are included so you can choose the appropriate level of difficulty.
- Logic Puzzle: Teams work together to figure out the solution to the puzzle about guests escaping a haunted castle.
4. Color-coded keys to distribute to teams after each correct puzzle (only needed when using the paper-only version).
5. Answer keys
➜ ➜ ➜ Love escape room activities? For even more fun, try this Digital Escape Room!
⚠️ If you enjoy using games and puzzles in your classroom, consider purchasing Word Games and Puzzles ENDLESS Bundle and save! It contains a huge collection of seasonal and non-seasonal puzzles and games at a 50% discount. I am continuing to add to it, so grab it now, and download updates as new resources are added!
- If you enjoyed the puzzles used in this resource, try Halloween Word Puzzles or Christmas Word Puzzles
- or this FREE Halloween puzzle! Halloween Picture Word Search
You might also like:
- Would You Rather Questions for Discussion or Writing
- ESL Vocabulary Journal Task Cards
- Brain Breaks, Ice Breakers and Warm-Up Activities
- Writing Better Sentences Task Card Bundle
- Parallel Structure PowerPoint and Task Cards
- Dictionary Detective
- Chameleon Sentences: Adding Details to Sentences
★★★ Important note to customers! ★★★
If you enjoyed this product, I would be very grateful for your review. It's easy and fast! Plus, you will earn credits to use toward future purchases in any TpT store!
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please post in the question to seller section or email me at the address listed on the downloaded product.
Not sure how to leave a review?
Please go to your My Purchases page. Next to each purchase you'll see a "Leave a Review" link. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I ❤️ followers! click the FOLLOW ME link to get sale alerts, updates and news about future products. You will also be notified when new products are uploaded, most of which are 50% off for the first 48 hours, so it pays to follow me!
For information on newest products, special sales, and promotions, also follow me on: