PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.92 MB | 11 pages
These mats provide Word Reading practice, a necessary skill, for Kindergarten students taking the End of Year TPRI assessment in Texas. The Picture to Word Matching Mats are a great way for children to practice reading words with short vowels. There is one mat that focuses on each of the 5 short vowel sounds. There are also two additional mats for mixed practice. Work on one vowel sound at a time until children master it then add the next mat. Color coding on each mat helps cards stay organized. One page equals one new literacy activity. This is an instant independent literacy center activity.
* 7 Mats with short vowel sounds
- 1 Mat with 5 short a pictures and words
- 1 Mat with 5 short e pictures and words
- 1 Mat with 5 short i pictures and words
- 1 Mat with 5 short o pictures and words
- 1 Mat with 5 short u pictures and words
- 2 Mats with 5 mixed short vowel sounds each.