PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
What is it about a word search that gets kids so excited? In my 20 plus years of teaching, I've never seen a student not get excited to be able to work on a word search! I love to combine the excitement of a good word search with the benefit of a good vocabulary list. Even better…..give them some “fill in the blanks” activities for comprehension, a few good writing prompts…….. and your students will produce some great pieces of writing!! All they need are some great words to work with!
These 3 steps are essential for getting kids to “own” new vocabulary:
1. the student to the words. -Word Searches
2. Let them how the words are used in context. -Fill in the Blanks
3. Give them an opportunity to in their own writing. -Writing Prompts
This product includes:
As a BONUS I've created some of my very favorite worksheets so your kids can get some fun grammar practice in as well!
* Nouns: People, Places, Things
* Nouns and Pronouns
* Singular and Plural Nouns
* Common and Proper Nouns
* Nouns and Verbs
* Verb Tenses: Past and Present
* Verb Tenses: Past, Present, and Future
* Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives
* Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, and Adverbs
* Subject and Predicate
Want more SEASONAL WORD SEARCHES and WORD WORK activities? Check our my other "Word Searches, Fill-in-the-Blanks, Grammar, and Writing Prompts" products: